Monday, May 29, 2006

Think for yourself

The interesting thing about writing a blog is that it’s your thoughts but for all to see – at least for you since you’re here reading this!

This whole "sharing" thing is out of character for me but there are some areas of life that I wanted to comment on because it just may change the whole course of civilization….........just kidding.

But really, maybe some ideas could help someone think for themself. I saw that phrase advertised on a Scientology billboard a few years ago and it characterized a view/attitude that summarizes how I feel about myself when I’m at my best.

I think (there’s that word) that a lot of the problems we, including me, get into are when we stray from that view. It’s interesting that Scientology has been the catalyst that has helped me maintain the viewpoint of thinking for myself.

We get into problems when we're "being someone else" being the person someone else wants us to be or the person we think we have to be to impress or succeed.

What I've found in Scientology is an ever improving ability to be just who I am which I've found is pretty darn good.

I highly recommend it i.e. both studying Scientology and like George Harrison of the Beatles said in his song ---"Think for Yourself"
Do what you want to do
And go where you're going to
Think for yourself